Sunday, August 20, 2006

Blessing Day!

Ginger Snap was blessed on March 19, 2006. It was a good day and a beautiful blessing. She wore the same dress that Angel Cake wore when she was blessed. Mommy bought the dress in Hatu because she loved the delicate design. I don't know if you can see it (probably not), but there are little shamrocks embroidered on the dress. With our Irish heritage, I couldn't pass it up. It was a good day. Many family and friends were there. I think we have bad luck with buildings on blessing days, however. When Angel Cake was blessed, the heat in the building went out and it was about 50 degrees inside so we went home afterward. When Ginger Snap was blessed this year, we all had to leave after Sacrament meeting because something happened with the pipes (you could hear it gurgling during the meeting). At least it is consistent. The blanket was a gift from her Nona. It's a beautiful, delicate blanket. It goes beautifully with the dress. This is probably one of my favorite pictures. I know that the baby is screaming (she had enough at this point, poor girl), but it is like the drama masks... extremely happy and extremely mad/sad (more than likely starving, but people don't normally guess that when they look at the masks). Here we are! One big (or little) happy family.